- PTA Calendar
- PTA 2012-2013 Committee Chair Contacts as of 8/27
- PTA Committees & Roles
- PTA Operating Procedures
- PTA Call for Volunteers
- Partners for Education: PTA Policies and Procedures
Jackson PTA: a.k.a. People Taking Action
Thanks to our tireless Jackson families and unrivaled teaching staff, we have a Parent & Teacher Association that takes Jackson to the next level in elementary education. Our families log more than 10,000 hours each year to make Jackson a school to be admired. The hours our parents contribute, and the dollars they donate, allow our children the finest in public education.
The PTA subsidies countless aspects of the curriculum and allows our students to experience many things beyond a traditional classroom education. We are grateful to our families who support the PTA and make our many programs possible!
Here is a sampling of what our PTA supports...
- Numerous programs to enhance our curriculum and reinforce our IB agenda.
- Jackson GreenThink: A comprehensive eco-education program that introduces on-going green activities at the school, with a goal of translating this new awareness within a student's home, community, and world.
- Jackson Outdoor Classroom: A remarkable variety of outdoor learning environments from gardens to bird watching to a mature nature trail, including a National Wildlife Federation Certified Wildlife Habitat.
- PHILANTHROPY: Roots & Shoots and Jackson Community Service: Jackson's philanthropy programs, where children are taught the importance of community service and giving back. Parents on this committee select projects that are meaningful and based on the philosophy that knowledge leads to compassion which inspires action.
- Wellness Week: Jackson's effort to promote health and exercise. It's a week-long calendar of innovative and fun activities.
- Read-A-Thon: Our children love the Jackson Read-A-Thon! During our 10 day reading extravaganza, we bring in guest authors and allow our childrens' imaginations to soar while they immerse themselves in reading. Each year the Read-A-Thon supports the PTA as a significant fundraiser.
- Science and Math supplements: The PTA supplements the traditional Jackson science and math curriculum with additional materials and manipulatives.
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation: Our teachers and staff set us apart! We are so proud of the staff that is assembled here, and we love to thank them for all they do for the Jackson kids. We have events peppered throughout the year to show our gratitude, and they are thanked each Spring during Teacher & Staff Appreciation week.
- Coffee Talks: We stay on top of current subjects of interest and host coffee talks for our parents. From Health & Wellness to Anti-Bullying Education, we bring hot topics to the table.
- Drama and Musicals: The PTA supports drama and music at Jackson, and our parents clamor to attend Chorus & Drama Performances, Band, Orchestra & Keyboard Recitals and the much-loved Spring Musical. We are very proud of the talent we have floating through our halls!
Countless Family-Fun events throughout the year!
And the list goes on...!
There are over 60 committees that comprise our PTA, and they have a profound effect on our school. From large-scale community events like our Fall Festival, to weekly Welcome Desk coordination, our volunteers take their responsibilities seriously, always stepping up as needed to get the job done.
On the business side, our PTA Executive Board meets monthly and general PTA meetings are held three times per year. These meetings serve as a forum for parents, teachers, and administrators to discuss current and relevant issues pertaining to our school and district.
The PTA's general mission is to support the students, teachers, and staff by promoting quality education, striving to expand the arts, encouraging community involvement, and working toward a healthier environment for the children.
If you are not already, get involved today! We need you! We couldn't do our job without the hundreds of helpers we call our Jackson Family. We are proud of Jackson and grateful to all PTA members!